Tuesday 17 February 2009

Over the last week

It was an ok week for me I was doing really really well had hardly thought about gambling and my future was looking brighter by the day. I went out on Thursday night with a few friends from work and had a really great night. Well apart from being pushed off the dance floor as I was leaving to get off I ended up falling on my arse and twisting my foot I really do have no luck sometime. I called it a night at this point leaving my friends in the pub I then hobbled home on my bad ankle.

The Friday was a very busy day I went to see my friends mum in the hospital and was talking about the good old times when I was working at Maggie’s bar I really do miss my days there I really enjoyed it the atmosphere was great and it was so easy to pull the ladies in there. I had also made a decision to split up with my girlfriend also today. I then had my mate come around later that day and was just having a good old natter did not stop laughing for a few hours after always end up with the giggles, she truly is a total blonde….you know who you are :-). She convinced me to go out that evening for one of our friend’s birthday so I hobbled into town and had another great night with friends. I left and went home about 230am and went to sleep.

Saturday had arrived and the week was passing so quick in the morning I met up with a couple of friends and went for a breakfast in the local weatherspoons and really enjoyed it. I then went to eth football Morecambe Vs Chester and it was another great day and a great victory 3 – 1. Me and 2 other friends decided to have a few pints after the game we went to a couple of pubs then went to weatherspoons in Morecambe we got ourselves a drink from the bar then we decided to go on the IT BOX a quiz game. I put £5 in to it and after I did I regretted it even thou I was not playing to win money it was a machine you can win money on. I have decided not to go on one again as this might lead me back onto the wrong path.

I then worked the Sunday and did not even think about gambling so slowly but surely I am progressing in the right path.

1 comment:

  1. Sam,
    I hope you do it. I have lived with this and now am on the web searching for insight or guidence or just a road to take to quit this once and for all.I hope you do it, Im working on it and have promised myself to keep on working on it until I have reached that place where I want to be "gambling free"Good Luck

    ReplyDelete