Sunday 1 February 2009

3rd Counselling Session

Well I have had my 3rd session and I am starting to see many positives from my time in counselling. Sometimes it’s very hard to tell what is going wrong with your life until you sit down and talk about it.

The 3rd session went very well we went into more detail about my past and what has lead me in this direction, we talked about my first love and how everything seemed to be going great, then wishing we had never met. We talked about what happened in that relationship mainly about my feelings and how I have overcome them. The truth is I never have, they still play a crucial part to my life now! We discussed why it has taken me so long to talk about my feelings so I explained what had happened, we had been together for 3 months I was preparing to get engaged and then within what seemed the most painful 24 hours of my life me and her split up. Ever since that point I have never truly trust anybody its not very nice for those who I know and think so highly of. People that have been in my shoes will understand it takes time to be able to trust someone again emotional especially; I still don’t always show my feeling now and will try and lie to save face.

We then started to discuss what else had gone wrong in past we discussed about the baby that my ex lost and the fact that every time I talk about it hurts knowing that I could of maybe had a little Sam running around, I could have been taking them to football or taking them to there first day at school. I have always wanted a kid and hopefully one day this will happen. I always try not to dwell on the past but it’s hard.

I always believe there is a path we take in life and we will always come to a crossing and it’s at the part we make our next turn (decision), not always the best but its what we do next that really counts.

After discussing my feelings about the past we started talking about the future and what I can do to overcome what had seemed like the most painful years of my life. One thing is actually talk to someone about the past and what when wrong, I will never regret anything that happened back then because it’s something that deep down wish would never had gone wrong but it did. I now have a chance to show people what changes can do for you. Gambling has always been part of my life maybe it is because I am missing something out of my life maybe it’s through boredom, I still don’t know why but over the next few months I intend on working this out.
We then finished our session and we then filled some forms out so I could carry on counselling over the phone with Gamcare, this is once our 4th session is over with to support me further in my quest to quit gambling.

No comments:

Post a Comment